3TC TURBO STOCK INTERNALS

Here's where you post EFI and TURBO conversion, configurations, and questions related.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

devashen

3TC TURBO STOCK INTERNALS

Post by devashen »

Hi Guys,

We are from South Africa, and we are building a 3tc turbo motor, the market is really small here so we need advice from you guys the pros at 3tc conversions.

We are currently running:

1800cc 3tc motor .04mm bore

Mazda B2000 pistons (low comp 8:1)
272* cam
Double diaphragm clutch
Polished head with Double valve springs
T3 turbo and Intercooler
Custom manifold with 500cc bosch injectors
Stock Rods and main caps

The motor is ready for management and tuning and we need advice on what is the maximum boost we can push her to safely to achieve day to day driving.

We want get the most out of the motor without breaking her at the first run on the dyno.

Thanks in advance for the advice guys:)
Toyota1515

Re: 3TC TURBO STOCK INTERNALS

Post by Toyota1515 »

Well first save yourself a head ache and take out the inner spring of the dual Valve springs, a 272 cam does not need the extra spring pressure, just do the right thing and follow the cam card spring pressure recommendations

Also never go over 15 PSI with b2000 pistons no matter the low comp. they still cast ones and dont like psi spikes at all.

The rest sounds ok good luck!
SF5 FOZZY
devashen

Post by devashen »

Thanks 1515,

We much appreciate the useful advice.

Do you think the stock rods and maincaps will be able to hold at 15psi.

One last thing is do you know of any dealers/people that sell and ship parts to other countries. I am looking at going 89mm pistons with forged rods and maincaps.

I first need to get the parts from the states before I can venture into that. Basically in South Africa everbody say the 3TC motor cost too much to make big power so they stick with the 3sgte or 4af motors, I plan on proving them wrong but will need those forged parts to really get the power out of my little hemi
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Try BRDracing.com,,,,Paradiseracing.com,,,,,,Theracing store.com
Tate Quieto
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

go with www.paradiseracing.com Luis Corujo is the man and yes he ships Worldwide tell him Toyota1515 sent you, By the way for turbo dont go over 87mm walls get to thin to hold boost, and yes stock rods and main caps will hold 15 PSI with ease, use ARP rod bolts on stock rods just for a little peace of mind you know!
SF5 FOZZY
devashen

Post by devashen »

Thanks 15 15,

Yes I did install arp head, fly and rod kit onto my motor. Thanks for the contact at paradise racing aswell, do you have an email. Also remember that I am from south Africa our exchange rate to the dollar is not something to be desired. If you know any private guys that want to sell forged rods and 87mm pistons just pop me a post.
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

devashen wrote:Thanks 15 15,

Yes I did install arp head, fly and rod kit onto my motor. Thanks for the contact at paradise racing aswell, do you have an email. Also remember that I am from south Africa our exchange rate to the dollar is not something to be desired. If you know any private guys that want to sell forged rods and 87mm pistons just pop me a post.
Yes i do i will shoot you a pm soon, also keep your eyes peel here on the classifieds they show up now and then from time to time, u just need to be ready to drop the $$$, by the way any time if you need advise just open a post in the right forum for the topic we got the most knowledgeable community here in what 3tc is concerned!
SF5 FOZZY
slaus

Post by slaus »

Toyota1515 wrote:Well first save yourself a head ache and take out the inner spring of the dual Valve springs, a 272 cam does not need the extra spring pressure, just do the right thing and follow the cam card spring pressure recommendations

Also never go over 15 PSI with b2000 pistons no matter the low comp. they still cast ones and dont like psi spikes at all.

Will leaving the inner spring have a negative effect in this application on horsepower?

My thoughts were it would be beneficial to leave it in for a little valve float security under boost?
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

slaus wrote:
Toyota1515 wrote:Well first save yourself a head ache and take out the inner spring of the dual Valve springs, a 272 cam does not need the extra spring pressure, just do the right thing and follow the cam card spring pressure recommendations

Will leaving the inner spring have a negative effect in this application on horsepower?

My thoughts were it would be beneficial to leave it in for a little valve float security under boost?
Boost have nothing to do with valve float, RPM's does, with a cam that doesnt have such a hight duration/lift and rpm range that does not go over 7500 i bet the recommended spring rate does not call for to much pressure, that will work against the cam life being a flat tappet lifter design,

In other words (AVOID CAM LOBE PREMATURE WEAR)
SF5 FOZZY
slaus

Post by slaus »

Toyota1515 wrote:
slaus wrote:

Boost have nothing to do with valve float, RPM's does, with a cam that doesnt have such a hight duration/lift and rpm range that does not go over 7500 i bet the recommended spring rate does not call for to much pressure, that will work against the cam life being a flat tappet lifter design,

In other words (AVOID CAM LOBE PREMATURE WEAR)

Ok thanks for the clarification!!