mazda b2000 pistons for 3tc

Here's where you post EFI and TURBO conversion, configurations, and questions related.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

AE25

Re: mazda b2000 pistons for 3tc

Post by AE25 »

why not use 3tc forgies if you're buying aftermarket??
NME308

Post by NME308 »

AE25 wrote:why not use 3tc forgies if you're buying aftermarket??
Hehe mostly because the price was right! I was offered a deal by a Caldina owner who had a set of brand new 3SGTE forgies with nowhere to install them and delivered to my door at half the cost of new store bought 3TC forgies... :D

Cheers,
Jason
ke25_rolla

Post by ke25_rolla »

I too am also going to run the standard 3SGTE pistons on the 3TC rods.

How does the piston height sit in the block. Do you know what sort of compression to expect running
the standard 3SGTE pistons on 3TC rods. Do the piston pins supplied with the kits fit in the 3TC
piston or do you need to run 3TC pins?

BTW, apparently a 2JZ piston will work but would reduce compression significantly due to the 13cc
dish vs 3TGTE with 5cc dish. This is not tried and tested by me but I have read somewhere that it
will work. Maybe someone can get their hands on one and trial fit?

Cheers
NME308

Post by NME308 »

ke25_rolla wrote:I too am also going to run the standard 3SGTE pistons on the 3TC rods.

How does the piston height sit in the block. Do you know what sort of compression to expect running
the standard 3SGTE pistons on 3TC rods. Do the piston pins supplied with the kits fit in the 3TC
piston or do you need to run 3TC pins?
Hi mate,
The 3SGTE piston is 3 thousandths (less than the width of a mosquito's whisker...) taller than a stock 3TC piston. It is the dish in the 3SGTE piston which gives the desirable lower compression ratio. Depending on which gasket you use and of course amount milled off the head I rate them at around 7:1 compression in a 3TC. Piston pins supplied with 3SGTE kits can be used with the 3TC rod, I had the 3TC rods milled to floating pin spec. I cannot remember what the 3TC pins looked like in 3SGTE pistons however... :?:
ke25_rolla wrote:BTW, apparently a 2JZ piston will work but would reduce compression significantly due to the 13cc
dish vs 3TGTE with 5cc dish. This is not tried and tested by me but I have read somewhere that it
will work. Maybe someone can get their hands on one and trial fit?
I have chased this option up in the past and could not get my hands on a set of the almighty toojay pistons at the right price (at my budget that is stuff all of nothing...)... The commonly given dish figure and their lower height calculate out around 6.5:1 compression. Perfect for some serious boost! :o :shock: Unfortunately not low enough for insane boost such as I dream of running down the track so a set of Wiseco pistons to suit a frankenstein Honda K motor which sit 0.194 lower than 3TC with 21cc dish appear to be the hotness. Think competition diesel compound turbo boost levels. :twisted:

Cheers,
Jason
ke25_rolla

Post by ke25_rolla »

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the heads up on the 2j pistons. I will stick with the 3s pistons for now and see how they stand up.
Maybe I can help you out with some diesel pistons as I work for Cummins ;)

I see your up north in QLD. You heading to Gladstone for the drags this weekend? Might catch up with you in
Brisbane sometime, especially if you are down for Jamboree. Alas, I dont thin k my car will be ready by then
but she may have a slightly mod'd n/a 3t in her. Will see how I go for time.

I have big plans for my spare engine but at the moment have been collecting as many te27 parts as I can get
off the U.S boys. Getting to the stage where I am chasing an exhaust and holley intake manifold but slow and
steady wins the race :)

Always open to any tips you can give me on the 3t build.

Cheers,
Cameron
NME308

Post by NME308 »

Haha the 3S pistons should serve you well Cameron!

Yeah I am in Rockhampton but of all the rotten luck I have to go to Melbourne for a training course so will not make it to spectate at the Pro Street Shootout... :(

TE27 you say - I LOVE those things. You will have a unique piece to Toyota around these parts once you have it all kitted out!

I am not an engine builder myself. I'll happily create bolt ons etc but I leave the main engine assembly to a professional with the right equipment. My passion is tuning once the engine is built.

Cheers,
Jason
ke25_rolla

Post by ke25_rolla »

Excellent mate - I will pick your brain for the best Holley to use and tuning ;)
slaus

Post by slaus »

Mazota TE51 wrote:What kind of work needs to be done for the B2000 pistons do they go right on to the 3tc rods or they need custom work?
prmaniac wrote:What year and specs does fit? How much boost can they support?

Can anyone answer the above questions?????????????
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

3sgte piston on a 3tc rod with arp bolts. i make 400 hp and daily drove this for along time. If your interested in this let me know.
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

just in case you guys like new set!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-95-Toyota-Ce ... 39&vxp=mtr
SF5 FOZZY