mazda b2000 pistons for 3tc

Here's where you post EFI and TURBO conversion, configurations, and questions related.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

prmaniac

mazda b2000 pistons for 3tc

Post by prmaniac »

What year and specs does fit? How much boost can they support?
Dj Flights

Re: mazda b2000 pistons for 3tc

Post by Dj Flights »

I have a few buddys that are running honda b series runing 15 psi and another one runing 3sgte pistons runing 18 psi and sorry I couldn't help but just giving more options
Mazota TE51

Post by Mazota TE51 »

On the 3sgte pistons what rods would you run the 3tc,3sgte or custom? I'm assuming the 3tc.
Dj Flights

Post by Dj Flights »

I was told that the stock rods could hold up to 350 hp and they would bolt right up with no problems.
NME308

Post by NME308 »

Hi there,
With the 3SGTE or related family pistons i.e. BEAMS 3SGE the stock 3TC rods (or replacement 3TC rods) need to be used.
I had the stock 3TC rods converted to floating pin to use the 3SGE BEAMS pins. In hind site it was probably not much cheaper than a nice set of eagle rods by the time they were serviced and modified... :roll:

Anyhow the stock 3SGE BEAMS pistons were still alive and well at 38psi boost where the head lifted and a rod bent from hydro lock on the coolant.

I rate that at around 380rwhp so the stock rods, stock crank, stock 3SGE BEAMS pistons, re-used stock main and head bolts, standard main caps, ebay replacement fibre head gasket etc all took quite a beating.

Its hard to beat that Toyota feeling!!! :P

Cheers,
Jason
Alexason

Post by Alexason »

NME308 wrote:Hi there,
With the 3SGTE or related family pistons i.e. BEAMS 3SGE the stock 3TC rods (or replacement 3TC rods) need to be used.
I had the stock 3TC rods converted to floating pin to use the 3SGE BEAMS pins. In hind site it was probably not much cheaper than a nice set of eagle rods by the time they were serviced and modified... :roll:

Anyhow the stock 3SGE BEAMS pistons were still alive and well at 38psi boost where the head lifted and a rod bent from hydro lock on the coolant.

I rate that at around 380rwhp so the stock rods, stock crank, stock 3SGE BEAMS pistons, re-used stock main and head bolts, standard main caps, ebay replacement fibre head gasket etc all took quite a beating.

Cheers,
Jason
I respect your ingenuity and "built not bought" way of doing things!
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Alexason wrote:
NME308 wrote:Hi there,

Cheers,
Jason
I respect your ingenuity and "built not bought" way of doing things!

+100
The day we learn to think
AE25

Post by AE25 »

did you ever measure the compression ratio with 3sge beams piston fitted?
From pictures found on google, the beams pistons seem to be flat top with 4 valve pockets whereas the 3tgte piston is domed with the outer edge flush with the block. from this i would assume a reduction in compression from an already low 7.8:1. could explain how 38psi was possible on a stock 3sge piston.

Earlier non beams 3sge pistons seem to be domed. So compression may be similar or higher than 3tgt, but valve pockets may not be suitable for the 3t??
Mazota TE51

Post by Mazota TE51 »

What kind of work needs to be done for the B2000 pistons do they go right on to the 3tc rods or they need custom work?
NME308

Post by NME308 »

AE25 wrote:did you ever measure the compression ratio with 3sge beams piston fitted?
From pictures found on google, the beams pistons seem to be flat top with 4 valve pockets whereas the 3tgte piston is domed with the outer edge flush with the block. from this i would assume a reduction in compression from an already low 7.8:1. could explain how 38psi was possible on a stock 3sge piston.

Earlier non beams 3sge pistons seem to be domed. So compression may be similar or higher than 3tgt, but valve pockets may not be suitable for the 3t??
Yes the compression was 7.0:1. That is in a 3TC of course.
The 3SGE BEAMS has a smaller combustion chamber than its non BEAMS counterparts for its high compression hence the pistons are similar in dimensions to the 3SGTE turbo pistons.

This time around I have some low comp 3SGTE forgies to drop my compression a tad lower so the boost can continue to go higher.

Boost is of course a function of the path the compressed air has to navigate into the combustion chamber. My unported head and small cam will require a higher boost level to achieve the power than a heavily ported head sporting a racey cam… More restriction requires tighter packed molecules to make em fit!!

Cheers,
Jason