Starting to look for parts for 2tc build.

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

d3thtr4p

Starting to look for parts for 2tc build.

Post by d3thtr4p »

Hey guys, I'm looking to build up a 2TC to run dual 45 webbers. I have so far the carbs (Non-boost) Hooker brand header from back in the day and the dual valve springs. I'm probably going to bore the engine slightly. (about 76mm (.030)) suggestions on cam would be helpful as most of my experience on these engines is minimal. this is being built for my 77 TE51 liftback. Not going to go full race as the car will be street driven mostly... but I want some oooooomph.
mikealike

Re: Starting to look for parts for 2tc build.

Post by mikealike »

d3thtr4p wrote:Hey guys, I'm looking to build up a 2TC to run dual 45 webbers. I have so far the carbs (Non-boost) Hooker brand header from back in the day and the dual valve springs. I'm probably going to bore the engine slightly. (about 76mm (.030)) suggestions on cam would be helpful as most of my experience on these engines is minimal. this is being built for my 77 TE51 liftback. Not going to go full race as the car will be street driven mostly... but I want some oooooomph.

Well as far as cam is concerned i have had good luck with the 292 or 296 cam for the street. Let me know if you need anything else for your build.
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
baldo

Post by baldo »

Do you have a port and polished head with some valves for it? Plus you will need a nice ignition system for it to work. Cam 280-290 street, 290 and above street strip depends how much higher you go. really depends on the lift. Check out crower and schnieder for their cams cause you can see their cams and make your choice. I would say call BRD but they are not very customer friendly.
73GTV

Post by 73GTV »

baldo wrote:Do you have a port and polished head with some valves for it? Plus you will need a nice ignition system for it to work. Cam 280-290 street, 290 and above street strip depends how much higher you go. really depends on the lift. Check out crower and schnieder for their cams cause you can see their cams and make your choice. I would say call BRD but they are not very customer friendly.
They are customer friendly, it is just people call a business and ask for info rather than do their homework and purchase what's needed. Time is money. Pistons needed, Rare, part number: RY6069 .030 2tc 1588 mm (.75 mm oversize) Looks like these.