tranny swap problems

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Espv16

tranny swap problems

Post by Espv16 »

Hey everyone ! ive recently picked up a t-50 manual tranny from an 82 corolla and decided to try and swap into my auto 1981 corolla(mysoontobechickmagnet) and I've encountered a problem when i connect the tranny onto the motor. it seems as though my throwout bearing lever thingy gets really hard and practically impossible to go all the way. my clutch pedal also seems to not pedal like if it was stuck or something . sorry if i dont really make sense because im pretty much a noob with these things but any help or advice would help.! :D
BOBLOOK

Re: tranny swap problems

Post by BOBLOOK »

I have read somewhere you will need this

http://3tcgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=53 ... ine#p15978
The day we learn to think
Espv16

Post by Espv16 »

i have that already .. what i was trying to say is that i think my flywheel is the thing causing the problem because when the tranny is out i can move that lever that you posted about but when i go to connect the tranny to the motor it wont move as far as it is suppose to. does that mean that my flywheel is messing things up? because i dont even get a crank .. oh and is the starter from an automatic the same with one from a manual . they look the same to me
Espv16

Post by Espv16 »

is it true that my fork and throwout bearing have to be attached in a super specific way?
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Did you use the facebook groups to ask this question? the majority of the expert live on fb no more love for forums lol
The day we learn to think
Espv16

Post by Espv16 »

turns out it was just my clutch slaver cylinder !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :?