3t Daily Driven soon to be Drift car

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Kenny727

3t Daily Driven soon to be Drift car

Post by Kenny727 »

So heres my 82 Corolla Coupe
No AC, Smog, PS, Electric fan conversion, and some kind of webber mod.
Is there any tricks to get more HP out of this engine? I can barely make my 1 tire spin lol..
IS there a way to adjust the push rods for more HP?
How much HP would I be at with a DOHC and FI?
Or stay pushrod, and go FI..
Like to get near 140 HP
I know I have a lot of suspension upgrades..

Any advice on losing weight?
njccmd2002

Re: 3t Daily Driven soon to be Drift car

Post by njccmd2002 »

jenny craig has a good weight reduction program.

im trying to do something similar. I put my car in the dry ice diet...

20 pound weight loss.

i will take emisions off, and other stuff, but with a slushbox, i doubt i will win lol
Nothing here yet, just and empty space... I just wasted 10 seconds of your life when u finish reading this... LOL
baldo

Post by baldo »

Is there any tricks to get more HP out of this engine? I can barely make my 1 tire spin lol.. :shock: You have asked this question like 15 times. Im starting to think you are here to :evil: everybody off.
IS there a way to adjust the push rods for more HP? :? Again, THERE ARE NO SIMPLE WAYS TO GET HP. You need engine work. Please!!! find more info about how an engine works. Then find out how a racing engine works. Then find out how a drift engine works. Then research what parts are available for your engine. Then make a list of what you need. Then when you have all those parts and know what you want and need ask questions.
How much HP would I be at with a DOHC and FI? :roll: What cams, intake? I mean we cant really answer your questions. Do you get that?
Like to get near 140 HP..... Now thats the best question you have asked! Does not look like much but it takes a lil bit to get to that.
Im sorry guys but I think he asks questions and dont listen. If you look at all his posts you will see what Im talking about. I feel sorry for this car :|
Kenny727

Post by Kenny727 »

baldo wrote:Is there any tricks to get more HP out of this engine? I can barely make my 1 tire spin lol.. :shock: You have asked this question like 15 times. Im starting to think you are here to :evil: everybody off.
IS there a way to adjust the push rods for more HP? :? Again, THERE ARE NO SIMPLE WAYS TO GET HP. You need engine work. Please!!! find more info about how an engine works. Then find out how a racing engine works. Then find out how a drift engine works. Then research what parts are available for your engine. Then make a list of what you need. Then when you have all those parts and know what you want and need ask questions.
How much HP would I be at with a DOHC and FI? :roll: What cams, intake? I mean we cant really answer your questions. Do you get that?
Like to get near 140 HP..... Now thats the best question you have asked! Does not look like much but it takes a lil bit to get to that.
Im sorry guys but I think he asks questions and dont listen. If you look at all his posts you will see what Im talking about. I feel sorry for this car :|
I ask a question and don't get a direct answer. Its go look for information.. Everyone says to go here and you say learn how an engine works??
Either drift or racing its a combustion engine.
In terms of running FI and a swapped head I was just asking for a rough estimate.
Anyways your a prime example thanks for not answering a question... I might Have to ask AGAIN! ;)
Kenny727

Post by Kenny727 »

njccmd2002 wrote:jenny craig has a good weight reduction program.

im trying to do something similar. I put my car in the dry ice diet...

20 pound weight loss.

i will take emisions off, and other stuff, but with a slushbox, i doubt i will win lol
Although it seems like a lot for 20 lbs I'm going to be doing it soon.
Whats the dry Ice for?
Also I don't have A/C but want to keep my heat. Do I need any of the A/C parts under the passenger dash?
What about plastic hoods? I seen one a while ago on a mustang. seems like a good idea being cheap and light. Know of any thing like that for te72?
baldo

Post by baldo »

I ask a question and don't get a direct answer. 1. Can you get HP just by tuning a carb? Direct answer No. 2. Is there any tricks to get more HP out of this engine. Direct answer NO. You need aftermarket parts and engine work. Now new cars have ecu that you can tune to do that. But unfortunately this car you cant do that. Everyone says to go here and you say learn how an engine works?? 3. Either drift or racing its a combustion engine. :o :? Dont really know what you mean by that. But for racing you are going for HP and drift more of RPM. Everyone says to go here and you say learn how an engine works?? 4. In terms of running FI and a swapped head I was just asking for a rough estimate. Ok what kind of head? 2tg, 3tg? Stock cams or aftermarket cams? What kind of intake and injectors? I ask a question and don't get a direct answer. :|
5. IS there a way to adjust the push rods for more HP? Direct answer? Beats me. Do you even know what a push rod is and does? Everyone says to go here and you say learn how an engine works?? 6. Or stay pushrod, and go FI.. Direct answer? Its your car so thats for you to decide. Then you know what way to go. 7. Like to get near 140 HP. Direct answer? Nobody can tell you. Why? Because you are asking too many questions. What do I mean by that? Do you want 140 HP from a 3tc engine with upgrades? EFI? Twin cam? Until you know what you want we cant really give you direct answers. I hope you are starting to see the problem now.
8. Anyways your a prime example thanks for not answering a question... I might Have to ask AGAIN! ;) Direct answer? You are a prime example of why people dont give you direct answers. I hope you actually listen this time and stop pretending you know about how engines work or how to make HP. I would advise you to get a manual so you can see and learn about the engine.
9. I think I have answered your questions. Anything else that you might need, expect less direct answers from people to help now. You are the hardest headed guy I have ever seen here. :x
noypiesky

Post by noypiesky »

The most power you'll get from a stock 3TC would be in the region of 90 - 100 hp at the flywheel, and that's pushing it. You'll have to invest in a host of expensive engine parts and tuning to get to the 145 hp you desire. IMO, you should invest in a decent suspension first and learn to drive or drift properly before you carry out any engine modifications.
73GTV

Post by 73GTV »

Kenny727 wrote:So heres my 82 Corolla Coupe
No AC, Smog, PS, Electric fan conversion, and some kind of webber mod.
Is there any tricks to get more HP out of this engine? I can barely make my 1 tire spin lol..
IS there a way to adjust the push rods for more HP?
How much HP would I be at with a DOHC and FI?
Or stay pushrod, and go FI..
Like to get near 140 HP
I know I have a lot of suspension upgrades..

Any advice on losing weight?
Kenny,
1. Compression test to check health of engine
2. Pocket full of money to purchase needed rebuild, upgrade parts.
3. Have your machinist at the machine shop, answer your questions:
a. Since he will be performing the internal modification that you require
b. Since you are not a mechanic with enough knowledge to research this engine before hand to know what it is capable of.
4. Tricks = knowledge which can be gained by reading some of the older posts so that you have an idea of which application suits your performance requirements
a. Example: LSD for both wheels spinning or welded differential
b. Which DOHC are you referring to, 2TG, 3TG, 4AG or other brands, each has a stock horse power rating as well as a built horse power rating.
c. Suspension upgrade, for which model vehicle, what year car do you own for these modifications?

You want to learn, apply yourself first and others will see that you are trying and will assist you, also add your location below your screen name in case you are near another member who can aid you in your quest.
Kenny727

Post by Kenny727 »

b. Which DOHC are you referring to, 2TG, 3TG, 4AG or other brands, each has a stock
I was referring to the 3T(DOHC) head, but if I can find a 2T(OHV) Id like that for the higher compression I heard you get. Does the 4AG swap on to this block??
I'm going to get a secondary head to build on the side and just swap it on.

Doing chassis and bodywork now

going to get MSD maybe an electric fuel pump since I have one around..
pretty much any supporting mods I can think of until head work time..
Its hard for me to find any of the "T" Heads OHV OR DOHC
Last edited by Kenny727 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny727

Post by Kenny727 »

Baldo why do you need an exact part list for an estimate HP figure?
PRetty much I'm just trying to rebuild everything inside a 3t head and swapping it on with maybe a mild cam. I must stress this is a Daily Driver I drive 30 highway miles each way daily so I need reliability.
for fuel I'm staying carb until I can go FI, but will TBI have comparable results?
Can you give me a range? 90-110?
Where can I find a cam for this?
Also heard a 2T head will give more compression on a 3t block.. I think Ill try to find that first.

I know how combustion engines work.
You didn't even know if upgrading a pushrod will do anything performance wise.. I think you need to read up a bit.
Hard headed? come with real info and not just sly comments and Ill take in all the info you think you can give me.. Please for now on help only.

Thanks,
Ken