problems with oil pressure on a 2tc engine with 3tc crank

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

luispty507

problems with oil pressure on a 2tc engine with 3tc crank

Post by luispty507 »

hi guys..

i just swap a 2tc on my suzuki sj410, but i'm having a oil pressure issue, when i start the car the pressure just get to 6 psi on idle, when accelerate to 2500rpm get to 22 psi.... i pull up the valve cover and is lubricatin all well... i make some test changing the oil pressure hose, then i change the oil pressure gauge and nothing change the pressure the same... i pull up the engine and check the oil pump and was good, the crank bearing were good to... so i don't know what to do..

when i put the engine all together i put all new, the oil pump, the water pump, the alternator, the starter, pistons, rings and all the bearings...

so i need some help...

sorry for my english a need more practice...
skabrock5

Re: problems with oil pressure on a 2tc engine with 3tc cran

Post by skabrock5 »

i read in my corolla book that at idle its supposed to be 4.5
luispty507

Post by luispty507 »

thanks for the info...!!

and running what psi should have??

i don't want to run the car before i'm sure is not going to be damage because the pressure is to low... i have a 4k engine before and the pressure was totally different...

thanks for the reply..!! :D
cousin eddy

Post by cousin eddy »

Well the old rule of thumb used to be about 8-10 psi for every 1000 RPM so 22 at 2500 would be in that ball park.
luispty507

Post by luispty507 »

hi guys...

i just take the engine out to recheck the crank and the rods bearing.. i make some plastigage test and everything was in great shape...
now i'm going to find another oil pump the make another test to see if some change...

my idle pressure is in 2psi when accelerate the engine up to 3000rpm the pressure just get to 10 psi...

i don't know what else to do... if someone have any idea for what can i do... please tell me..!!!
baldo

Post by baldo »

Im confused. First you said you were getting 6psi at idle and 22 psi @2500 rpm. How are you getting 2psi at idle and 10 psi at 3000 rpm now? I would say whatever you changed, change it back. It sounded like it was working fine before.
luispty507

Post by luispty507 »

hi guys..

someone has experience with the cam bearings??

a old mechanic told me if the cam bearings were not the corrects or the technicians make something wrong when he put it in position maybe this is the cause of my low presion..!!

someone hear something like this or have a similar situation..