cam for turbo

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

chris76corolla

cam for turbo

Post by chris76corolla »

whats the best cam for turbo setup i was thinking of buying a norris cam 368 with valve lift 515
corolla lifestyle
baldo

Re: cam for turbo

Post by baldo »

Ok guys learn from Chris please when you ask questions about engines. What is the best cam for turbo set up? What kind of engine do you have? Stock? Modified? Racing? Fuel injection, carb, duals. You guys cant just throw a cam on an engine it has to be for what you want or are looking for. That cam that you are talking about will be for a race car right? And I guess you have a head ready to handle it?
Information is gold! Always think of this guys, the more info we know (you guys give us) The more we can help (you) :|
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

chris76corolla wrote: norris cam 368 with valve lift 515
:shock: :shock: race car ?
The day we learn to think
chris76corolla

Post by chris76corolla »

3tc obviously what other engine would i be talking about chevy and yea for a 1.8
corolla lifestyle
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

That cam is not usefully for stock engine
baldo

Post by baldo »

So you have a 3tc engine? And this is 3tc garage? Man Im dumb! I thought I asked you "What kind of engine do you have? Stock? Modified? Racing?" Like I thought you would get the question. Im so sorry I will make myself perfectly clear next time. :roll:
Bob that will not be for a race car? I dont mean like a 8 second car. But anything above a 300 cam is pretty much getting into high performance. Unless the cam is known as a 368 and I dont know the specs. Sooooo.... here is where the info part comes in handy. So now I have a question. Since you said he cant use it in a stock engine. So the cam is considered a "racing cam" and he needs a "modified engine?"
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

I consider anything above 280 to be for an modified car ! I recall people running even higher cam on street cars but if the bottom & head is stock it will be useless.

If he ad more engine info we would be appreciate to help :geek: