Help with a build

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

lvsanchete72

Help with a build

Post by lvsanchete72 »

As I've read picking the correct cam is what then leads to choosing the rest of the components.
Currently I have a stock 3TC, and being from California I will need to complete this build to a degree in which I can revert for my biannual smog test.

I was wondering if anyone could shed light on a camshaft, piston, carburetor, exhaust, head upgrades combination.

I want this car to be driveable daily, but also have a bit more bite.
At the moment I have the whole engine torn apart and before I purchase any parts I'd like to know what parts to upgrade. In terms of internals.

So what's a good cam to start with ?
Spudenater

Re: Help with a build

Post by Spudenater »

Are you worried about things being CARB (California Air Regulation Board) approved for the under hood inspection, or just emissions testing? I know that if you're looking for true blue CARB certified replacements, your options are going to be quite limited for the carburetor at least. Or maybe you have a shop where they'll look the other way as long as the emissions are alright?
80Corollin

Re: Help with a build

Post by 80Corollin »

I too would like to know this info. Currently searching for a set up I can build for fairly cheap but better than a 35yr old tired 3tc.

I'm in Washington so mines a classic and I don't have any emissions.

Basically.

I have a brand new weber 38 outlaw.

3tc with 154xxx miles.

I want to keep everything the same but new.. With a better cam.

Please let me know!!! Thanks!