Purpose built drift unicorn.

This is the place to discuss everything about circletrack, dirt, or rally & drift.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Oldskoolcool

Purpose built drift unicorn.

Post by Oldskoolcool »

I guess I should post in here as it seems to be lasking in drift cars.

I'll start from the beginning, I grew up at the dirt track watching my dad and his friends power slide the clay banks. First car I bought was a sr5 84 Corolla. Loved sliding the open underpowered car with no skill in the rain. It taught me a ton. Eventually got a 82 sport coupe with a .040 over 11:1 compression 3tc I rebuilt myself. Again lacking skill or much knowledge in where to begin I just welded a diff and had a blast with sloppy suspension. Then a 82 wagon it got the .040 over motor and proper suspension work and slid like a boss. But stupid me sold it. Then I had a 86 i abused for 3 years at the track, stock 4age with a cold air and 13" tires inflated to 60psi haha. Eventually I broke to many axles and wanted a change.

So now were caught up almost. I had sourced a truck rearend and was having it fabbed to fit. It didn't go well and put my back ot square one. But I decided when the diff broken I want going to spend money fabbing a rearend and driveshaft to still have a stock 4-age. So out came the old visa and in came a low k beams 3sge and 6 speed. Then a sweet deal on a pair of 2 blue 2dr corollas came up. 82 & a 83. I parted out the 82 and am now building the 83.

So the 83 is a low mile auto car. With one bad fender and the parts car had a mint matching fender.
as it sits now heres what's done

240sx coilovers/l.c.a's steering knuckles/ drilled and slotted rotors
Manual ae71 rack
Lowered crossmember
Celica supra rear end modified by BC works out of victoria bc
Complete ae86 wiring harness
Ae86 fuel tank w/ walbro 255lph pump
Ae86 fuel lines/brake lines
Ae86 dash/speedo
Beams 3sge & 6speed

Still have lots of tiny things to complete the bolt in kit I ordered doesn't bolt in the trans mounts is off by 3-4 inches and one engiñe mount is busted allready from muscleing it in. The trans tunnel Leeds more massage work but I may just removed the trans tunnel And raise it up. Since I'm debating this I may remove the crossmember spacers and just commit to a moddified hood (only if i can make a cowl hood) I'm trying to keep the car looking as clean as possible
Oldskoolcool

Re: Purpose built drift unicorn.

Post by Oldskoolcool »

Oldskoolcool

Post by Oldskoolcool »

skabrock5

Post by skabrock5 »

nice work man looking forward to the progress.
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

mint, keep the pics coming
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com