My Project D (TE72 Wagon)

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Justins82

My Project D (TE72 Wagon)

Post by Justins82 »

This is my first project car :D Her name is D and I have had her for about a year now. I'm inexperienced when it comes to building a car as I'v only had newer cars where if something went wrong I would go buy a new part and swap it in. So outside of changing a radiator, sparks plugs, or maybe even a wheel bearing assembly this is all a learning experience. So far in the first year not too much has changed other than the not so fun stuff like brakes, voltage regulator, alternator, brake lines, brake master cylinder, and i'm sure that I am leaving some stuff out.

This was originally meant to be my drift project but honestly now I love slow cruising in it and listening to it's little putter that I have had a change a heart and can't imagine mistreating her for even a second, lol. So after that my intent was to keep it original more for the pleasure of the crowd... but now I have decided she's mine and I'm just gonna do as I please :D

Love to hear your thoughts and ideas.. maybe things I should start out tackling first. I'll be posting pictures of some things that I need to tackle quickly hopefully tomorrow.

My name is Justin and I'm loving my Rolla 8-)
Justins82

Re: My Project D (TE72 Wagon)

Post by Justins82 »

This was my latest project - been staring at this crack and watching it slowly creep across my windshield for the past year. Wasn't worth fixing as there was a lot construction on the highways and every morning was like a meteor showing with my cringing in pain in the driver seat. I let Safelight take care of this little project for me and they found no rust under my window trim, THANK GOODNESS!!!
76Mustard

Post by 76Mustard »

Nice and clean!!! love me a wagons. Enjoy it and make D proud.
Justins82

Post by Justins82 »

So I have this beautiful spot underneath my drivers side mirror :(

And after removing the roof rack to see what it would look like without, I found these beauties :evil:

So far my plan is to go down to the pawn shop and find a sander. Stock up some sandpaper, not really sure which are the proper grits and sand these spots down to the metal. Once I knock out the rust i'll prolly rattle can the top half of the car with primer then black plasti as it will only be temporary until I am ready to paint the entire exterior.

Any suggestions before I get started?