3TGTE37

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

chesmari

3TGTE37

Post by chesmari »

This car has had a very dramatic life in my hands. I've had it for about 10 years, been working on it for about 9. Needless to say, all the heartaches have gone away as soon as I was able to start it. A few more things to button up and it'll be roadworthy. Some of you know my story.

Name: Ryan

Car: 1975 TE37 SR5 started Pearl White now British Racing Green

Motor & Driveline: SDS EFI 3TGTEU w/ 440cc 7MGTE injectors, front facing intake manifold, T3/4 turbo and FMIC, Supra W58 w/ IS300 short shifter, Ford 8.8 with 3.73 gear and LSD, 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust with Magnaflow muffler.

Suspension & Brakes: AE86 front struts, shortened with MR2 SW20 5 way adjustable Tokico shocks, coilovers and adjustable T3 camber plates and NRCA. Straightened leafsprings with 8 way adjustable TRD blues. FC3S Rx7 4 piston calipers up front.

Wheels & Tires: Enkei92 15 x 7 Kumho 195 50R15

Interior: Acura/Honda Integra seats, VW Rabbit center console. Re-vinyl was needed for the dash. All plastics were refreshed with vinyl paint.

Body: Refreshed entire chassis with new metal and new color.

Other: Replaced entire wiring loom with a brand new universal harness. Steering is upgraded as well with a Starlet manual rack & pinion, and CelicaSupra column with tilt. Air Conditioning is online. All chrome parts are refreshed and polished

When I bought it from Phoenix, AZ. Notice the 2 other Yotas I owned at that time.

1st and only time I had it out for JCCS.

It suffered an unfortunate incident in the hands of a tow truck driver and damaged the passenger side fender, fender flare and control arm. It sat at a friends house under the Las Vegas sun for about a year after moving before I had the funds to tow it to Southern California. I was able to find and replace the damaged parts and slowly worked on it, crossing out the check list one by one.

When it was time to tune the engine, I hit a snag as the flywheel bolts were sheared and it again sat in idle for almost a year.

Today however is a great day:

A few times I have contemplated on giving it up, thank you to my wonderful wife for understanding that I need to work on it til it's all done.

I hope to give updates as regularly as possible.

Ryan
BOBLOOK

Re: 3TGTE37

Post by BOBLOOK »

caps014.jpg
caps014.jpg (75.66 KiB) Viewed 18187 times
Wow Ryan time for an pinned crank
The day we learn to think
chesmari

Post by chesmari »

BOBLOOK wrote:
caps014.jpg
Wow Ryan time for an pinned crank
I will when the time comes to rebuild the engine.....

Ryan
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Okay awesome ! kept posting
The day we learn to think
chesmari

Post by chesmari »

I tidied the engine bay a bit. Replaced the radiator with a proper fitting piece (they are all over the place now), fixed the turbo, replaced the swirl pot. Just need to put it back together, registration time and final tune.... no smog, no problem =)

Ryan
chesmari

Post by chesmari »

Sukimonster

Post by Sukimonster »

Wow so clean. I can only wish my project would hit this stage one day :cry: Could you tour us with the interior? Kinda curious what kind of Volkswagen center console you put in. I've been searching all kinds of cars at the junkyard to see any compatible interior that could at least provide some cup holders lol.
chesmari

Post by chesmari »

Sukimonster wrote:Wow so clean. I can only wish my project would hit this stage one day :cry: Could you tour us with the interior? Kinda curious what kind of Volkswagen center console you put in. I've been searching all kinds of cars at the junkyard to see any compatible interior that could at least provide some cup holders lol.

It's this one:

VW Console

I had to trim it to fit. I just took out the interior out to clean up some issues I wasn't happy with. I'll take a photo of it when I put it back. I guess I'm not done after all. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ryan
Centermass

Post by Centermass »

Beautiful car Ryan and kudos to your wife for supporting your endeavors. Love the Nevada tags!
chesmari

Post by chesmari »

Wow, it's been a while since I've updated this.

This is the first car I've ever done as a project. Needless to say, it took me a WHOLE LOT longer than I wanted to. I definitely bit more than I can chew. I did however, sucked it up and made it happen.

The car was running, untuned, with 7 psi of boost and it was ok, until one of the rings broke and an injector failed. Well, I tried rebuilding it the first time with stock parts, I couldn't get it to work, I got pissed and decided to upgrade some parts. :lol:

So these are the new parts:

Wiseco 87mm pistons
Eagle Rods
Reground 2TG Cams 288/10.8 in/ex
ARP Head studs
Moroso Windage tray
SR20DET Manifold
TIal External wastegate
750cc RC Racing Injectors
Turbonetics Manual Boost controller
Toyo R888R tires :)

Videos:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1493720 ... 184164833/

I recently just increased the boost to 10 psi. I will post a video of it soon. So far, i have only tuned in on the road with 3 psi boost on the spring, will dyno tune in the near future.

Ryan