TE21/S2000 Swap

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Rolap7

Re: TE21 build in progress

Post by Rolap7 »

As funds came in from the s2000 part out, I started looking for suspension. I found a AE86 in Richmond with a blown motor. It had rear disk brakes, stock LSD, BC coilovers and a few other bonuses so I picked it up.

"As the excellence of steel is strength, and the excellence of art is beauty, so the excellence of mankind is moral character." - A.W. Tozer
Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

Did a bit of daily/spirited driving while I started parting out the AE86. Does anyone know my buddy who owns the brown peanut in this pic?

"As the excellence of steel is strength, and the excellence of art is beauty, so the excellence of mankind is moral character." - A.W. Tozer
Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

Sold my Stout to continue the Corolla build

Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

Hmm perhaps, I've made a Forum Faux Pas with my S2000 build here on the 3TC board... :oops:
cousin eddy

Post by cousin eddy »

I like it. I'm still entertaining the idea of an engine swap into my TE31 and I had an S2000 swap on my mind so it'll be interesting to see what you do with it.
skabrock5

Post by skabrock5 »

Awesome corolla but it hurts me that you parted out the ae86 as well. Guess you gotta do what you gotta do.
UtahSleeper

Post by UtahSleeper »

Good work so far.
Attempt at a car channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/UtahSleeper
1980 Corolla
1988 Celica Alltrac
2013 FR-S
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

That stout was dope men 8-) 8-)
The day we learn to think
Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

Ok, if you guys are interested, I'll continue to post my progress. The AE86 part out was completed in July:

It's always hard to part a car, but in this case, the engine block had a hole in it, it had a lot of DMV back fees and I needed the entire suspension. Between me and my two buddies we put almost every part to good use and sold enough to make our money back. Even the rear quarters were sold.
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

RIP ae86