TE21/S2000 Swap

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Rolap7

Re: TE21 build in progress

Post by Rolap7 »

hemilove wrote:RIP ae86
amen.

I also bought a cheap mig welder to learn and do some of the simple stuff.

Anything major would go to a welder in my area... BAMF (Bay Area Metal Fabrication) in Benicia.
"As the excellence of steel is strength, and the excellence of art is beauty, so the excellence of mankind is moral character." - A.W. Tozer
Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

BOBLOOK wrote:That stout was dope men 8-) 8-)
thank you sir. Sucked that I had to sell it but I had to focus on my Corolla.
UtahSleeper wrote:Good work so far.
skabrock5 wrote:Awesome corolla but it hurts me that you parted out the ae86 as well. Guess you gotta do what you gotta do.
cousin eddy wrote:I like it. I'm still entertaining the idea of an engine swap into my TE31 and I had an S2000 swap on my mind so it'll be interesting to see what you do with it.
Thanks guys! I'll keep updating :)
"As the excellence of steel is strength, and the excellence of art is beauty, so the excellence of mankind is moral character." - A.W. Tozer
Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

I found/scored an AW11 manual steering rack at the Richmond Pick and Pull one early Saturday Morning.

Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

Scored a pair of real Bride's from a couple of car trades and parts shuffling.

Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

Had to pull the engine to finalize the crossmember and clean up the engine bay so I can figure out which brake master cylinder and pedal set up I'll be using

Crossmember is trimmed and ready to be sealed up and painted. This is an AE86 crossmember narrowed by about 3 inches. I moved one of the steering rack mounts for engine clearance and notched a bit from the front for the oil pan to clear.

AE86 Master:

S2000 Master:

S2000 clutch master:

Sound deadening removal:

Engine bay cleaning:
maxdout

Post by maxdout »

I like this project. Keep posting with more information!.
Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

maxdout wrote:I like this project. Keep posting with more information!.
Thanks bro!

I did a bit more sound deadening removal but decided to try the dry ice technique:

Cleaner IMO:

Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

Some pics of the GTS rear end work:

Cleaned up and painted:

Tacked the leaf spring mounts into place and took it to the welder to be welded securely. lol

I'll get some shots of it mounted up soon. It's currently mounted but I've been forgetting to take pics. I'm just waiting on my Brake Master Cylinder to arrive tomorrow and then I'll get started on reinstalling the pedal box, heater core, engine and trans... Once everything is in place, I'll have the drive shaft made and start on wiring and hoses etc...
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

looks great, keep pictures coming
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

I wanted to clean up the rust around the master cylinder area so I drilled out the spot welds and hit it with the wire wheel.

I ordered a wilwood master cylinder for space issues and some weld through primer. It should be arriving soon and I'll post updates later this week. :D