Ke70 13B rew swap(abbandoned project car part out)

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

toyotero2dend

Re: Ke70 13B rew swap

Post by toyotero2dend »

Bob is the W58 gonna work good with the rotary engine,,, being a high revving engine ? By the way project looks real good ;)
Tate Quieto
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

The W58 & R154 series boxes are use for years on rotary engines in Australia, New Zealand you can buy adapter plate by most few know company's.

They tent to choose for this boxes rather then there own mazda series boxes ! Cars have prove running low 9 sec with them.

My box is R154 :twisted:

toyotero2dend wrote:Bob is the W58 gonna work good with the rotary engine,,, being a high revving engine ? By the way project looks real good ;)

The shifting problem occurs off then when they running Periple port , or massive bridge port, Rpm is to high for gears to engage assuming the shifting peak torgue lay above 9k , remember those p-port can easily hit the 13K. :o,

But you can customize the gearing to make it happen :lol: :lol:
The day we learn to think
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Nice good to know ;) .. I was looking around in the net and found 6 sp supra tranny should be nice for h/way cruising ;)
Tate Quieto
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Those Getrag tranny not sure if they work in 1/4mile ?
toyotero2dend wrote:Nice good to know ;) .. I was looking around in the net and found 6 sp supra tranny should be nice for h/way cruising ;)
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :idea:

NME308

Post by NME308 »

So I had missed this development...

I like it heaps however!!! You can put all that rubbish mazda gear into the RX7 where is belongs and hok it off for a profit which can then be invested into the real car i.e. the corolla! :mrgreen: :twisted:

Cheers,
Jason
spiceisler

Post by spiceisler »

Toyota1515 wrote:U use the control arm and the strut tube spindle part get strut insert from SW20 and you do the usual coilover setup, the control arm need to be shortened and better if you do a heim joint instead of the inner bushing, plus you can use the big brake setup from a Z32 300zx 4 piston caliper setup!
I may be interested in a setup like this when the time comes so I'll pick your brain.
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Nah mayor problem was to get the car road legal with the rotary as rules are very strict here around. So thats way i decide to make the change so what it will turn on now i don't know need to figure that out. ;) Will follow :D

NME308 wrote:So I had missed this development...

I like it heaps however!!! You can put all that rubbish mazda gear into the RX7 where is belongs and hok it off for a profit which can then be invested into the real car i.e. the corolla! :mrgreen: :twisted:

Cheers,
Jason
Heiska

Post by Heiska »

So, are going to go back to 4k? :lol:
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

My old 4K in installed in an boot so i might don't know where to find it

I really don't know maybe 2t 3t crank or 4age, 3sgte to much work 2JZ to expensive F22c really don't know
Heiska wrote:So, are going to go back to 4k? :lol: