1971 Toyota HILUX 3TC R1 swap

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

hemilove

Re: 1971 Toyota HILUX 3TC R1 swap

Post by hemilove »

I know its not the best but these lil Toyota pickup frames are strong .

I will help anyway I can
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

so I am very pleased to tell yall that yesterday morning I went to throw scrap metal the bed was full and the 1.8 3tc pulled all this weight like a champ no problem at all this is with a w50 transmission and a competition clutch 3720lbs

and this is some of the head porting im also doing to a virgin 3tc head I will show you the difference
I will be shaving the head and getting a cam for the truck to breath better :D
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Hahahah Wondering why your gearboxs always brake :lol: :lol: :lol:
The day we learn to think
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

BOBLOOK wrote:Hahahah Wondering why your gearboxs always brake :lol: :lol: :lol:
there supposed to hold up lol hahaha full load ahead lol I was in shock to see the 1.8 3tc didn't want to give up on torque
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The day we learn to think
Spudenater

Post by Spudenater »

Wow, all this time I never realized we were in the same neck of the woods! I didn't even know until I was reading the thread and saw the pic of National Outdoors, then I looked at your profile. I'm holed up over by Helotes, vaguely, far west SA. Small world, eh?
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

Spudenater wrote:Wow, all this time I never realized we were in the same neck of the woods! I didn't even know until I was reading the thread and saw the pic of National Outdoors, then I looked at your profile. I'm holed up over by Helotes, vaguely, far west SA. Small world, eh?
What my wife is from helotes she lived by bruan rd close to bandera rd and silverado 16 what the flying duck what kind of car you drive man
Spudenater

Post by Spudenater »

I live just a little south of that, Culebra/1604 area. Forgive my car being a bit dirty. It's an '80 wagon, as you can see. All my motor work is done, basically, so next comes suspension and A/C. It's my daily though, and I'm a college student, so everything happens at time/$$ permits, you know?

hemilove

Post by hemilove »

Spudenater wrote:I live just a little south of that, Culebra/1604 area. Forgive my car being a bit dirty. It's an '80 wagon, as you can see. All my motor work is done, basically, so next comes suspension and A/C. It's my daily though, and I'm a college student, so everything happens at time/$$ permits, you know?

do you live in bridge wood funny theres a guy that lives next to the heb that owns a bunch of rx7 and old cars his name is juanchy
Spudenater

Post by Spudenater »

Yeah, I live in Bridgewood. How'd you know that...? Also, can't say I've heard of that guy. Is he on this site?