newbie trying to upgrade my 79 rolla

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

3trolla79

newbie trying to upgrade my 79 rolla

Post by 3trolla79 »

watsup guys newbie here and definitely a yota fanatic or whatever u wanna call it....my names micah i live in Pleasanton California and i got a running project....well was...its a 79 corolla with a 3t in it and I'm wanting to do a thread separately to make my own build and post what I've done and what people think of it and while i take the advice and stuff from other threads and hopefully others on here hopefully u guys like what you see but im wanting to make this a beast on the street that can tear up the pavement and i want it to beable to drive up a windy road and not worry about flipping so maybe a little camber for grip on the front and possible brake up grade in rear the whole 9....its a slow project kind of but im still learning this and jus want the car to be a badass for my son in the future...i will upload some pics once i can figure out how right now it says file to large so first off i wana know how can i upgrade my suspension my rear springs are rediculous and when i turn the inside back comes up being that they are leafs i dont know if i can change it to coil overs anyone ever done that????
BOBLOOK

Re: newbie trying to upgrade my 79 rolla

Post by BOBLOOK »

Ciol over in the back i don't think is possible
The day we learn to think
WarWagn

Post by WarWagn »

Going to be a lot of fabrication if you want the rear end on coilovers, but it can be done.
1980 TE72 Wagon.

Instagram @wagonsteeze
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

i know i heard of some people doing it or is there any other way i cant find somone to reset the springs or what kind can i throw on the back where i am at there is no pick and pull that has old corollas ...
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

justt mainly looking for the car to have a good stance and beable to haul round curves and not have tendency to roll...right now the back end lifts when i turn
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

A 3 link should be nice for your car as rear suspension is regard, It could have a normal panhard bar or a watts link like the one pictured.

SF5 FOZZY
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

that look freakin legit man that's a clean set up there
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

thats a sweeeeet setup thing is i can weld jus not that kind of fab haha unless i had dimensions and someone tellin me steps hhaha dam d love to do that tho....and as money wise im not worried because it will be a prject and i just want it to ride smooth and handle nice and cut corners....ive seen a lot of your post and all did u do that conversion???
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

if i were in Hawaii ] id prolly have my car done or atleast if in the process but i moved to ali and now being away from family i cant find people to learn from everyone is sketchy because too many people steal nowadays i have this 2jz just sitting in the garage with everthing i need motor trans wire harness spare throttle body and intake mani fold....got the car i wana put it in but no garage or welder at the moment my inlaws kind of strict....but mean time i been working on it in the driveway by myself jus cant figure out how to post pics...
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

Those pictures are from the net of a Camaro the closest one in looks and function from the corolla, but is easier than the IRS i am doing on the Station Wagon

Just examples so u can have an idea, i can tell you or guide you on the flight buddy dont be afraid lets do this project!
SF5 FOZZY