newbie trying to upgrade my 79 rolla

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

3trolla79

Re: newbie trying to upgrade my 79 rolla

Post by 3trolla79 »

im hoping i can jus come across someone who has a setup already for the carbs because i dont have any pipe benders or anything right now im limited on cash for the next threee months and also on tools. so if anyone has one for a decent kid man jus gove me a little bit and ill get some money rally up for one...also looking for a cam that i can use without changing internals on the head and maybe even a lightened flywheel is the route im goina take for now also thanks for the confidence boost also guys ill keep u posted on my slow progress!!!! names micah by the way haha
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

So I got the head gasket today finally after waiting for 3 weeks and having to order from a stupid cheap autozone cause it's all I can afford... The first few times the gasket came back with creases in it like like they let a baby get ahold of it and bend it all kinds of ways n I got another gasket after reordering and this one has a small crease for the metal part where the bore for the piston is.......kinda scared to put it on its jus a little lip rise but not bad at all my question is am I able to put it on or will I take a huge risk of it blowing...
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

http://s30.photobucket.com/user/micahp1 ... 7.jpg.html

I smashed it with my thumb a little i didn wana use a hammer because I didn want it to crease too much then for sure have a higher risk I think it will be ok but I'm not sure??
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

Alright so got everything put back together on the 3t but I have to jump it I don't have the money for a brand new battery so I'm jumping it but when I connect the the battery to the jumper cables it arcs meaning an obvious short... I don't know how to trace it but the fuse box was spliced and partly redone and idk if that is the cause but it is really a bad job. I'll post some pics but does anyone know how to trace what is shorting I mean the box is all connected so idk what else to look for....the car turns over jus won't get enough spark
isopycnic

Post by isopycnic »

I'm about 45 min drive. Up near Napa. Would love to check it out and see what you end up doing with the suspension. I haven't gotten to mine yet. 79 TE38. Looking at coilovers for the front. Good brands? https://picasaweb.google.com/1006696046 ... orollaTE38#
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

Nice I got some family I'm napa! He'll ya sounds good man maybe get my rolla goin and plan a drive up there...nice ride by the way id love to get ahold of a 38 there's a guy down here in the South Bay but has a smashed rear quarter panel
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

Alright idk who even paying attention to my thread but anyways I finally got the corolla goin the distributor is kinda funky I din know I could twist it so many times if u go clockwise u can put it on almost every tooth...anyways I kinda got it running but it's running rough and missing. It can run and idle but not go without missing under load. Found out my distributor wires tat connect to the wore harness was corroded so I spliced em and now the car starts right up. I also sanded the distributor points or wat ever on the cap and also the rotor and the part that spins and touches the magnet. Still missing. So I order a new distributor frixk 104 bucks but hopefully it'll work. I also have the 32/36 weber on it n the idle mix screw 2 and a 1/2 turns out cause that what it calls for idk. I'm just playing r his by ear so any help would be greatly appreciated. O by the way only one small leak on the timing cover goina try to jb weld it a little more later