Te71 Coupe

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Heiska

Te71 Coupe

Post by Heiska »

I start from the beginning of the project, so this first post is going to be long, but ill put a lot of tiny photos so you dont have to read so much. :mrgreen:

So here we go. A friend called me that in hes friend got te71 coupe on hes yard and hes selling it, and asked that would i be interested. I asked the price and few photos of it and the next weekend i was picking it up.
After 200km of driving it was going on the towing truck Image
...and another 200km it was on my yard Image Image Interior was sad with some Opel? seats and furry door trims.

First look it had some rust on wheer arch and few other places, but ill get back that later on the topic.

I did get new wheel arch's and lower door panels with the car. My goal was to do those tiny rust's and get it on the road but after the extraction i was singing another song :lol:

In this point i have done most of the outside rust work and here is before and after pictures of doing it, or just after cos i dont have pictures of all of those.
Right wheel arch
Image Image Image
Left wheel arch
Image Image
Rear panel
Image Image Image
Left door mirror place
Image Image Image

Image Image
Upper rear panel was smashed into something, my friend straightened that one
Image Image
Left rear corner was so bad so we did have to replace it :cry:
Image Image Image
Like the right one but did find replacement part, so had to do like that.
Image Image Image
Right door
Image Image Image
Front end was smashed too so new parts going in place
Image Image
And here is some random pict of the rust work
Image Image Image Image Image Image

So there is most of what i have done for no with the body. For the motor i have thinked some turbo setup and i have some parts for that, but will see if i have enough money to do it :lol:
3t 88mm Wiseco and custom rods for 2t crank
T-W bell and cometic

There it is a short version of the past 1,5 year, now the car is allmost ready to go to the painter, so pics after the painting. Image Image
Here is all of the photos http://s429.photobucket.com/user/Heinon ... 7710399337
BOBLOOK

Re: Te71 Coupe

Post by BOBLOOK »

car most be ready by now ! :lol:
The day we learn to think
Heiska

Post by Heiska »

W55 gearbox arrived.
AE25

Post by AE25 »

good to see progress on the rust. never ending on these coupes!

A gearbox crossmember to suit the W box into E7 is from the A6 series celica/carina. the auto crossmember almost bolts in. need only about 3mm slotting of the holes. but box will have slight offset to one side. It hasn't affected my conversion though. The manual crossmember from a *A63 with w55 box requires more slotting of holes than the auto.

hope you know the bell housing is from a toyota 1G- 2ltr 6cylinder. Should have a "G" cast in the end face. same bolt pattern but clutch fork/slave is on exhaust side. genuine 3tgte bell has it on intake side.

can use the flywheel from the 1g-eu/1gge/1ggte which uses a larger 225mm clutch, clutch is interchangeable with 18r hilux. it's what the 3tgte has, same flywheel as a 1g-eu. 8kg weight. but definately buy a heavy duty pressure plate because std 1g-eu/18r clutch is too soft.
hope that helps
Heiska

Post by Heiska »

AE25 wrote:good to see progress on the rust. never ending on these coupes!

A gearbox crossmember to suit the W box into E7 is from the A6 series celica/carina. the auto crossmember almost bolts in. need only about 3mm slotting of the holes. but box will have slight offset to one side. It hasn't affected my conversion though. The manual crossmember from a *A63 with w55 box requires more slotting of holes than the auto.

hope you know the bell housing is from a toyota 1G- 2ltr 6cylinder. Should have a "G" cast in the end face. same bolt pattern but clutch fork/slave is on exhaust side. genuine 3tgte bell has it on intake side.

can use the flywheel from the 1g-eu/1gge/1ggte which uses a larger 225mm clutch, clutch is interchangeable with 18r hilux. it's what the 3tgte has, same flywheel as a 1g-eu. 8kg weight. but definately buy a heavy duty pressure plate because std 1g-eu/18r clutch is too soft.
hope that helps
Thanks for the info.

Yes, that is G bellhousing but should be fittable on T series engine.

About that crossmember, it would be hard to find one in here. Ma61 is the only one with w55--> gearbox in here, what i know. A6 carina is with T or W51. So i think im going to make it myself. And automat a6 is even harder to find.

That 1g flywheel is good info, have to keep that in mind.
Heiska

Post by Heiska »

Allmost like intercooler, but smaller :lol:
Heiska

Post by Heiska »

Got a few left side fenders. New and used but quite good one.
Last edited by Heiska on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldeskewltoy

Post by oldeskewltoy »

kind of late... but you could use a J160 6 speed... it also bolts to G, so should bolt to T

I've got one in my 4AG powered E7 coupe
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

nice work keep us posted
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
Heiska

Post by Heiska »

oldeskewltoy wrote:kind of late... but you could use a J160 6 speed... it also bolts to G, so should bolt to T

I've got one in my 4AG powered E7 coupe
Ye i could, but those are expensive and i think that this W series box can handle that Hp what i can get out of that motor without blowing it up :D