Nube here with 1982 Toyota engine problem

Take the time and tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

fitz70

Nube here with 1982 Toyota engine problem

Post by fitz70 »

Hi everyone. Like the heading says, I'm a Nube here. I've joined this forum to get some info on a problem I'm having with my 82 Corolla station wagon. I love this car, and use it daily to traverse Northern Michigan in search of ebay treasures! You won't believe what I haul in this little wagon. Everything from clothes washer/dryers to loads of building materials, including full sized sheet goods like drywall and plywood. I simply built a platform for exploiting a little area about half way up the rear hatch, that is wide enough for about 7 or 8 sheets of 48" wide material. I think of it as my little "pickup". :mrgreen:

Anyway, I bought this station wagon two years ago in Coos Bay, Oregon, specifically because gas at the time was $4.10 a gallon and climbing. The owner was the original buyer, and had been a Toyota mechanic in Coos Bay from the time he bought it. He had a maintenance log over an inch think. This is one of the main reasons I bought it. At the time, the owner had just replaced all the vacuum hoses, the water pump, alternator, radiator/hoses, and a half dozen other things. It only had 134k miles on it too. Ran like brand new. Unfortunately, as this car is over 30 years old, things are bound to come up. And that's the reason I'm here. But more on that in my next post in the appropriate forum.

The thing is, the 3tc engine is really esoteric, and not many people know anything about it. I can't seem to find a service manual for it either. So...here I am!! Glad to be here.
Attachments
loaded_toyota.jpg
loaded_toyota.jpg (65.18 KiB) Viewed 3455 times