SoCal TE72

Take the time and tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

baldo

Re: SoCal TE72

Post by baldo »

You will have to keep a precise account of the (stock) engine. Internals will just be new parts. You wont be making 400 HP to break anything. You can change the cam, carbs and headers. I would say get the car ready to pass smog first. Remember, YOU said you wanted to work on the car with your dad! :lol: After you pass you will need a few parts for the engine that you can replace in a day or two. I would get extra parts just to keep all the smog legal stuff together. Another distributor for sure and a head for double springs and bigger valves ;) . But internals that you can change easy would be cam, lifters, push rods, carbs, manifold and maybe a clutch to be on the safe side. That would be the power with same block. If you are getting a big cam then notch the pistons. The only inconvenience that I see would be welding the ................. never mind. It will cost money but its better this way. I was going to say welding the headers on and off. But you can just keep the stock manifold, tubing and muffler. Then get headers and a muffler with new pipes. That way you can take them on and off, no extra money to spend. :D :mrgreen:
What got me thinking was the 2 years part. Way better than a year. I would say about a weeks work at the most doing it part time is well worth enjoying it for 2 years.
lvsanchete72

Post by lvsanchete72 »

Yeah all that sounds quite achievable. Wondering about parts though. Where would I look for to find out more about the available heads? Which head would be an upgrade with bigger valves? And as for a distributor what would be a good option?
I mean should I be on a constant look out for parts for this build ? Say like a bigger cam, manifold, headers, muffler, carburetors, and clutch ?
I'm also wondering what parts would go good together, obviously there are endless combinations of parts but how could I know which combination will be compatible?

As for fixing my existing problem, I should just get the block rehone and get bigger rings if necessary correct ?
baldo

Post by baldo »

Head = 2 or 3tc. I would leave it stock but you can port it and dont polish unless going turbo. Bigger valves as big as you want so by that depending on the springs you need and cam. Remember the distributor is so you keep the stock components together. You dont have to but I would. A good option? 3tc? :? As far as your engine problem no! If you hone the block you will need new rings not bigger.
And this is the end of the road for me my friend. Any parts you will ever need can find here or online in many places and different prices! :lol: This is where you figure out what you really want to have. Lil power, street power, street strip, drifft..... If you ask people for combos you will get 20 pages of responses. But it comes down to you doing your homework and see what you want and have to get. Then we can help you as far if it will work or not. As far as parts you should not have a problem getting anything for what you need. Good luck man!
By the way......... NOBODY FROM CALI!!!!!!!!!??????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: