Post by BOBLOOK »

Rolap7 wrote:I also drive a 67 Stout Image

This 67 Stout look doop men
The day we learn to think
Rolap7

Re: New Member from Nor-Cal

Post by Rolap7 »

baldo wrote:A Honda!? We dont like you anymore!!!!! :evil: :twisted: :lol:
I'm sorry lol It's been my idea of an ideal build for a loooong time. Classic Toyota styling... smog exempt... with the reliable power and EFI fuel economy of a power plant and transmission that I'm familiar and comfortable with. Does having the 1967 Stout and a 2000 Tundra make back any cool points that I've lost? :D

Boblook thanks for the compliment. I'm actually planing on pulling the 65 buick v6 out of it and going with a 1uze swap.

I think a 1UZ would be acceptable

"As the excellence of steel is strength, and the excellence of art is beauty, so the excellence of mankind is moral character." - A.W. Tozer
baldo

Post by baldo »

Classic Toyota styling... smog exempt... with the reliable power and EFI fuel economy of a power plant and transmission............ pfft 4age 20 valve with like 160 HP! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats is a nice truck.............. to put a Supra twin turbo on. But if you want a 1uze its fine, you can have some, "some" points back. :)
What tranny for that honda thing? lol
Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

Baldo, it's the S2000 6 speed trans I'm using. I pretty much pulled everything from a wrecked S2000 that I bought in Sacramento. I pulled the engine, trans, ecu, wiring harness, exhaust, gauge cluster for myself then parted the rest out.

Then I bought a AE86 GTS in Richmond with a blown motor and pulled all of the suspension and a few pieces i.e. coilovers, rearend, brakes, crossmember and parted the rest out.

I've made a few trips to pick and pull and grabbed an aw11 manual steering rack... a starlet crossmember steering column... blah blah blah... I'm hoping to have some time to write a build thread.

I like all the cars! will my bagged Infiniti Q45 win any cool points with this crowd?

"As the excellence of steel is strength, and the excellence of art is beauty, so the excellence of mankind is moral character." - A.W. Tozer
skabrock5

Post by skabrock5 »

you must be single, or rich lol
Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

skabrock5 wrote:you must be single, or rich lol

lol nah... Married for 15 yrs and have 4 children... all blessings. Not rich either... although I wish I was. I normally buy and sell on craigslist in order to be able to afford to build my projects. By being careful and patient, I'm able to get the parts I need and then I do all of the labor myself because I can't afford to have a shop do it :lol: :lol: :lol:
baldo

Post by baldo »

Married, 4 kids, 5 cars, 2 dogs 1 cat 5 bedroom house and you are not rich!? :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Where do you live? I think I have to move there. :) I was wondering about the tranny because its rear wheel drive and you are a Honda guy. Yeah that would be a nice set up. Now you can beat Hondas with a Hon..... Toyo....... Whatever! Since you are not "rich" I hope to see this project finished 5 years from now. :lol:
Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

5 years? I HOPE NOT lol I better start a build thread soon. Hopefully posting updates will keep me motivated enough to finish it in less that 5 years :D
mallito1.8

Post by mallito1.8 »

Rolap7 wrote:5 years? I HOPE NOT lol I better start a build thread soon. Hopefully posting updates will keep me motivated enough to finish it in less that 5 years :D
Funny I thought I would do mines asap and now 2015 coming around and not tuned yet ugg good luck and welcome aboard with the honyota :shock: