G'Day from Australia - TA22GT

Take the time and tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

ta22gt

G'Day from Australia - TA22GT

Post by ta22gt »

Hi,
I'm new here. I have a TA22 GT with many mods including a modified 3TGTE engine.

I've had the car a very long time, in fact it's now been 28 years! Wow, time goes quickly.

I have a Facebook site if you want to follow my current rebuild and mods.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Classic-C ... 37?sk=info

Cheers,
Simon
ta22gt

Re: G'Day from Australia - TA22GT

Post by ta22gt »

Here's a pic of the old girl

BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Welcome on 3tcgarage Simon ;)
The day we learn to think
pufito18

Post by pufito18 »

nice welcome bro
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

Old picture by the way, do you have a recent one? Welcome to the forum!
SF5 FOZZY
ta22gt

Post by ta22gt »

Yeah, it is an older pic but teh car is still just the same. Anyway, doing an engine rebuild now.

Taking pics and loading onto my FaceBook page, I'll upload some other recent pics of the car soon.
baldo

Post by baldo »

You have a 3tg? I hate you! :lol: Do you make your own parts? That distributor idea is pretty out there, never thought about something like that. Thats my favorite toyota engine so I will see all the goodies you do to it. :D Is that the first picture you took when they just shipped the car to you? ;)
ta22gt

Post by ta22gt »

Hi,
Yep, the 3TGTE is a great engine. Everything you see on my Celica I have done myself, right down to the bodywork, paint work, electrics etc. That photo was from about 10 years ago after the last major build.
Some of these pics are on my Face Bpook page.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Classic-C ... ref=stream

I've had this car since 1986! Yeah, I know, its a long time. It originally had the 2TG and back in 1986 it was yellow, but after a few mods I decided to import a 3TGTE, respray it my own colour mix etc. I first put the 3TGTE in during 1998...This is my second engine and I'm now currently doing a major rebuild on it.
The body and paintwork on my car is still perfect, so I only plan to rebuild the engine, fit rack and pinion and I'll respray the engine bay again as its undergoing a few changes now.,

I'm a Mechanical Engineer and before that was a Fitter and Turner, so Im always thinking of better ways of doing things. Eg The Crank sensor, currently looking at a Rack and pinion conversion and also making my own forward facing intake plenum....

Cheers,
Simon
ta22gt

Post by ta22gt »

baldo wrote: Is that the first picture you took when they just shipped the car to you? ;)
I just got what you're talking about....No, this is from a photo shoot I had done a few years back. This was at one of the Ports in Adelaide and I also had some other pics done at the beach and at some wool sheds. Some of them were used in "Fasr Fours and Rotaries" magazine at the time in Australia.
ta22gt

Post by ta22gt »

Hi again,
Thought id share a link to my current engine build for my 3TGTE. Its coming along slowly.

Link here for those interested.

Cheers,
Simon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Classic- ... ref=stream